Artist in Residence
Live rent free in exchange for artistic services that engage the residents of Hub South End and the South End community.
Who Can Apply?
Emerging-to-established artists over the age of 21 working in a wide variety of arts disciplines are welcome to apply. All mediums – including but not limited to painters, videographers, photographers, chefs, graphic designers, musicians, landscape architects, muralists, and sculptors - will be considered.
What is Included?
Six months of free rent or 50% off twelve months of rent in one of Hub South End’s modern studio or one bedroom apartments. A free vehicular and bicycle parking access card. Access to onsite wellness center, heated saltwater pool, coworking hub, and more amenities. A fixed budget for materials to be used on site. Exact unit is dependent on availability. Should artist desire a different unit, like a two bedroom, they can pay the difference between the provided unit and the current market rent of the desired unit.
What is Required?
- Artist must submit a completed application
- Artist must describe ways in which they intend to use their work to engage with Hub South End residents and the South End community.
- Finalists will be required to pass a criminal background check in compliance with Hub South End Apartments Regulations
- In addition to the art, the selected artist must participate in a minimum of two resident social events
- The artist must be the signer of the lease. The apartments are non-transferrable and cannot be sublet or rented out.
How do I apply?
Submit your application by September 10. The Artist will be awarded no later than September 24 and is expected to move in between September 24-December 1
How will the selection process work?
Once the application period closes, a selection committee will identify finalists based on the following criteria. Finalists will participate in a phone or video interview.
Basic selection criteria include:
- Quality & Artistic Merit of Application
- Applicability of art to engage Hub South End
- Scope of Potential Impact of Artist's Work within the Community
- Demonstrated Ability to Engage with Community
Please submit the items below to email@example.com to complete your application.
- First and Last Name
- Propose a scope of work you desire to contribute. Be sure to provide a description of your primary medium/discipline. If selected, a detailed scope will be crafted together.
- Describe how Hub residents would be able to engage with and learn from your artistic expression. Consider educational opportunities as part of your engagement.
- In addition to free rent, what excites you about the potential to participate in this program?
- Include a sample of relevant work via a website, digital attachment of no more than 10 MB, or Dropbox link